The Global Philanthropy Forum (GPF) is a membership-based organization. GPF strives to continuously build and strengthen a lasting global learning community of philanthropists who will be strategic in the pursuit of international causes. The GPF provides members with networking and learning opportunities through its annual Conference, special programs and matchmaking services.
Membership is on an annual basis and is open, upon application, to individual donors, social investors and leaders of grant-making institutions and foundations. Membership levels vary for individuals, unstaffed family foundations and staffed foundations. Every year a limited number of memberships are reserved for those who advise philanthropists in their grantmaking and social investing.
To apply for membership, please click here to complete an application.
Associate Member: $2,450
Associate Members are individual donors and social investors who wish to support the mission of GPF and meet other like-minded individuals. They take advantage of GPF’s diverse network of donors and social investors to make relevant contacts, explore collaborative opportunities, learn from and inform others on how to be more strategic in their international giving.
Associate Member benefits include:
- One guaranteed complimentary invitation to the GPF Conference (non-transferable).
- Complimentary admission to other GPF events throughout the year.
- Complimentary membership to the World Affairs Council of Northern California including invitations to member only events and free admission to most Council events.
- Access to resources, ideas and opportunities for more effective global giving.
- Opportunities to be matched with donors with shared interests and to explore co-funding opportunities with other funders and grantmakers.
Members are individual donors, social investors and leaders or founders of small or unstaffed family foundations who support the mission of GPF and who wish to contribute and be recognized as key constituents. Members contribute to the growth and development of the GPF and help shape and build a global philanthropic community. Members will have the opportunity to work alongside other leading philanthropists dedicated to the growth and development of a global philanthropic community.
In addition to the Associate Member benefits, Member benefits also include:
- Invitation to join the GPF Steering Committee and the ability to help shape the GPF Conference.
- Invitations to GPF regional affiliate events such as the African Philanthropy Forum (APF) and the Brazilian Philanthropy Forum (BPF).
- Recognition in GPF Conference materials, website and other collateral materials.
Membership is intended for founders and executives of small family foundations. Large private and corporate foundations, as well as large grant making institutions seeking a high level of engagement with the GPF should refer to the Foundation Membership.
Supporting Member: $25,000 – $75,000
Foundation Members represent large and small private foundations, corporate foundations and grant-making institutions that support the mission and objectives of GPF and wish to contribute to and engage in the building of a global philanthropic community. By joining as a Foundation Member, an organization joins its peers to strengthen strategic philanthropy in support of international causes and helps further the growth and development of the GPF by supporting the building of the GPF community.
In addition to the Member benefits, Foundation Member benefits also include:
- Additional complimentary seats* to the GPF Conference, depending on funding levels. These may be used among trustees and executives of the member foundation.
- The ability to guide the long term strategic direction of GPF.
GPF Partner & Strategic Partners: $75,000+ in multi-year funding
Prospective Foundation Members and Partners may initiate a conversation with Suzy Antounian, COO World Affairs Council of Northern California, to determine the appropriate level of membership and engagement. She may be reached at [email protected] or +1.415.293.4625.
* Foundation Members receive the following complimentary seats to the GPF Conference, the APF Conference and special events held throughout the year in the Bay Area:
- $25,000 – $49,999 receive a total of 2 complimentary seats
- $50,000 – $74,999 receive a total of 4 complimentary seats
- $75,000 or above receive a total of 6 equivalent complimentary seats